Midway Relief Resources
In the wake of the murder of George Floyd, and the rioting and protesting that has affected so many beloved local businesses, the Midway Chamber stands steadfast in supporting the community and our members during these unsettling times. We will continue to strive to supply you with info and resources to help navigate this sensitive time of recovery and we know our resilience will come through stronger than ever together.
If you have content to share for this page, please reach out to email@example.com.
Statement by Midway Chamber
Our community is experiencing pain, anger, and sadness from the killing of George Floyd in Minneapolis. This has led to both peaceful protests and violence in Minneapolis and Saint Paul. As Mayor Carter said, the situation in our city is “heartbreaking”, and “destroying places we rely on for jobs, food, and medicine won’t help us prevent it from happening again.” The Midway Chamber is here for our community—its amazing residents, businesses, and nonprofit organizations. We stand ready, as always, to support our community any way we can.
The Midway neighborhood has always been strong. Part of our strength comes from our compassion and care for our neighbors. The Midway Chamber cherishes these qualities of our community. With that same strength, compassion, and care, we will work with our government, our people, and our for-profit and nonprofit businesses to get through these difficult times, learn from them, and come out even stronger on the other side by being part of a healing rebuilding process, and reducing disparities for all.
How Do I Help?
The Midway Chamber is fortunate to have several members specializing in service areas that could aid member businesses affected by protester damage.
- American Engineering Testing, Inc. (Structural damage assessment, asbestos & lead surveys, forensic engineering, & construction inspection)
- Clever Architecture (reach out to board member Russ Peterson for more)
- Everest Cleaning Systems (COVID preventative cleaning)
- Flannery Construction (reach out to board member Jamey Flannery for more)
- H&R Block
- JB Vang
- Paramount Real Estate Corporation (reach out to immediate past chair & board member John Young for more)
- Paul Davis Restoration
- Pope Architects
- Restoration Professionals, Inc
- SRF Consulting (civil site redesign & landscape architecture)
- Steamatic of the Twin Cities
- Suntide Commercial Realty
- Visual Communications (new branding, sign design and procurement reach out Cheryl O'Donnell for more)
- Xcel Energy (Energy Efficiency Rebates)
Businesses Offering pro-bono services to aid restoration & recovery
(Click button to access)